Hello and welcome to my website. I have spent the past 15 years working with people in relationships. I have found that relationships are the most powerful connection we encounter in our lives. Relationships can bring us great joy and happiness, as well as great pain and sorrow. It is in relationship where we get hurt, so it only makes sense that it is in relationship that we heal. I am committed to helping people heal.
I have had the opportunity to study and train in Emotionally Focused Therapy. I am one of a small group of EFT Trainers worldwide. Dr. Sue Johnson, director and founder of International Center for Excellence in EFT (www.iceeft.com), has put her heart and soul into creating, researching and spreading EFT worldwide. EFT is an empirically validated approach to therapy and is based in attachment theory. It is used with couples and families and is beginning to be used in some major businesses. It is about creating connections and the more connected people are in life the more successful they are.
I treat a variety of presenting problems using this approach:
• depression and anxiety
• stress management
• relationship conflict (couple and family)
• grief and loss
I know it takes a lot of courage for clients to come into my office and explore difficult issues. I provide a safe, comfortable environment for my clients to explore issues that block connection while helping them heal and learn to reconnect.
• Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist
• Certified Emotionally Focused Trainer and Supervisor (www.ICEEFT.com)
• Clinical Member of the American Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (AAMFT)
• AAMFT Approved Supervisor
• Licensed Clinical Alcohol and Drug Counselor w/ Over 15 years experience in the field