Here are some Instructions for online ZOOM meetings:
You will receive an email inviting you to a ZOOM meeting the day before or the day of the scheduled meeting. Click on the link in your email. For those who will be using ZOOM regularly for consultation, please note will use the same link each time we meet (please be sure to keep the link for future meetings) It will bring you to “join meeting”
First-time users will need to download and run the program to join the meeting THEN once you are in meeting you may need to download/run the program to use sound. Please be sure to do both steps. First-time users should log in around 5 minutes early so they can do this step.
Once you do this you will be in the meeting. On the upper right hand corner set your view of participants to gallery then click on “chat” at the bottom of your zoom window. This will open a chat box on the right side of your screen. Along the bottom menu there will be a microphone symbol. Click on this symbol to mute and unmute yourself. It is best to mute yourself unless you are talking. This will minimize feedback.
Be sure to wear headphones when in ZOOM meetings to minimize any feedback
If you are planning to present a video/share your screen you will need to:
- Click the GREEN share screen ONCE then your screen will turn white (MAC users see below for necessary steps prior to this)
- YOU MUST CHECK THE BOX on bottom left that says “Share computer sound” after you check this box on your left
- Then go to the bottom right and click on SHARE SCREEN.
- If you miss the share computer sound check box the video sound playback will not work and we will need to do this step over.
- DON’T use google chrome as a browser because the sound often doesn’t work with this browser. It is recommended to use internet explorer or safari.
- Once you share your screen and open your video, make sure you don’t open your video to full screen. Instead drag the corners of your video to make it bigger.
- NEXT step is to “open your chat box”.
- To open your chat box, hover mouse at the top of your screen and a drop down menu will appear
- Click on More or the 3 dots and another drop down menu will open
- Click on chat. Your chat box will open and you will need to drag it around your screen to find a good spot for it.
MAC first time users: you will need to go into security and unlock your computer to allow ZOOM audio communication. You will only need to do once and CAN ONLY do it when you are ready to screen share. DO THIS STEP before you click on the green share button. Please go into system preferences, security/privacy, general tab and click the lock at bottom to make changes and add your password. This will open the lock, leave it open, minimize system preferences and go to STEP 1 above.
Be sure to USE a COMPUTER or a LAPTOP when presenting a case. DO NOT USE an iPad or google chromebook. If you are only calling in and not presenting you can join the meeting from your iPad or smaller device, but you can’t use a smaller device when presenting.
If you would like to record supervision, please ask so I can give you permission to record at the time of your presentation.
If any problems during our meeting time please text me at 609-915-9387
Not Yet Signed Up? Here are some Benefits of ONLINE GROUP Consult:
- Able to watch significant amount of tape (about 30 minutes when presenting your case; unlike 7 minutes clips we watched in CS).
- Safe and supportive learning environment.
- Gives you a chance to stay connected to the EFT model and other EFTers.
- Online platform I use allows you to see each other and is HIPAA compliant.
- Provides once a month EFT boost to your practice (we all know doing in EFT in isolation is really hard).
- Inexpensive way to stay connected and continue to learn.
- Each time you present a case in group consultation it can count as 1 hour toward your requirement for individual supervision certification requirement or towards updating your status on ICEEFT once you complete CS.
- Chat box notes are sent out to group members after group (this is great for those of you who like to review notes.
- You can record ZOOM meetings on your computer to watch again. This is great for when you are presenting a case.
- There is no long term commitment for group.
Group meets once a month for two hours. Tuition is paid in full before the series starts. The fee is $469 for 6 groups.
If you are interested please email me at email@example.com. Group size is a minimum of 6 and a maximum of 9 participants.